Ongoing Community Education & Support Groups
Join us at one of our speaker series throughout the year. A variety topics are discussed along with regularly scheduled seminars for bariatric surgery, medical weight loss and orthopedic surgery. Click here to see what’s coming up.
Childbirth & Breastfeeding Education
Our Childbirth & Breastfeeding classes are designed for expectant mothers and their support persons. Call 616.847-5512 to register or for more information.
NOCHS is an Authorized Training Center for CPR classes. Classes range from Basic Life Support (BLS) certification to infant and child CPR/choking for new parents. To learn more 616-847-5671.
Blood Pressure Clinics
Our blood pressure clinics are free of charge. All welcome; no appointment necessary. No Clinics on Holidays. If you have any questions, please call the Community Education Office at (616) 847-5512.
- First Tuesday: 9:15 – 10:00 am, Evergreen Village Apartments, Spring Lake
- First Tuesday: 10:15 – 11:00 am, Liberty Woods, Spring Lake
- Second Monday: 9:30 – 10:30 am, Pinewood Place, Grand Haven
- Second Friday: 8:30 – 9:30 am, Four Pointes, Grand Haven
- Fourth Monday: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm, Knights of Columbus, Conklin
- Fourth Thursday: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm, Coopersville Senior Center (Sept-May)
- Fourth Thursday: 2:00 – 2:30 pm, Village at the Pine
Our ongoing grief support group open to all community members dealing with a death related loss. Please contact our bereavement counselor by calling 616.846.2015.
Postpartum Emotional Adjustment Program
Are you struggling with the following – emotional, feeling isolated or alone, increased anxiety, difficulty finding a balance at home, feelings of guilt or sadness and/or lack of concentration? This group will meet free of charge in NOCHS’ multi-purpose rooms on the second and fourth Thursdays of every month. Topic will vary each meeting. Questions? Please call, 616.847-5512.
Bariatric Surgical Support Group
Bariatric patients are encouraged to attend both preoperatively as they explore their weight loss options and prepare for surgery, as well as, postoperatively for continued support, regardless of where you had your surgery. Meetings are held in NOCHS’ Multipurpose Rooms. Registration is not required. For questions please call, 616.847.5489
Seasonal & Sponsored Community Health Events
Farmers Market Education Station
Join North Ottawa Community Health System at this pop-up event for a little healthy fun! Stop by the Farmers Market to see us Wednesdays in Grand Haven or Thursdays in Spring Lake from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm to learn how we marry the latest in health education with what can be found in the market.
Fuel Up to Play 60 (Spring)
NOCHS’ Medical Staff underwrote the Fuel Up to Play 60, and important fitness and nutrition program, in all six of Grand Haven Area Public School’s elementary this year with large-scaled kick-off event involving celebrations and educational instruction for student, parents and staff.
Coast Guard Festival Activities (August)
As a proud title sponsor of Grand Haven’s largest event, you can find us in the following locations the week of the festival.
- 5 & 10 K Run … Title sponsor.
- Kids Parade … Following the other noise makers, you can find our EMS fleet rolling with the firetrucks and public safety cars!
- Kids Day …Come find us and our pop-up education station designed for kids
- Senior Day … learn about our community services and hear from our docs during the lunch hour
- Grand Parade … who doesn’t love a parade? We certainly do!
One To Remember, A Benefit for Hospice of North Ottawa Community (October)
Join us for a night of fellowship and auction items to benefit Hospice of North Ottawa Community. For more information contact our Fund Development office at 847.5605.
Hospice of North Ottawa Community Annual Memorial Service (November)
Hospice of North Ottawa Community invites you to the Memorial Candlelight Service to honor our patients who have died during the past year. Guests will also be invited to share the names of other loved ones whom they wish to remember. For questions, please call 616-846-2015.